The moment you begin to understand women, comes a bag full of surprises, and you are like: “Damn! More complications down the line.” It’s aptly said: “It does take a whole lifetime to understand women.” But, no matter how irritated you get comprehending their thoughts, you can’t even live without them. Just think about your mother, your sister, your daughter, your best female friend: don’t you think they are the best thing to happen to you in the world? Yes, right? To mark the glory of womanhood this Women’s Day, we list down some interesting facts about women which are sure to bring a smile on your face, and even leave you in awe. Have a look:
- Women speak about 20,000 words a day, that’s 13,000 more than a man.
- An average woman owns 19 pairs of shoes, but wears only 7.
- Women spend nearly one year of their lives deciding what to wear.
- On an average, women cry between 30 to 64 times a year, while men cry between 6 and 17.
- Men lie 6 times a day, twice as often as women.
- Women began wearing heels to look more masculine, as men were the first to wear high heels around the 1600s.
- Women’s hearts beat faster than men’s.
- Women have more taste buds than men.
- Women think about their appearance 9 times a day!
- Heart disease is the no 1 killer of women.
- Women are better multitaskers than men.
- Only 2% of women describe them as beautiful.
- Women blink 19 times per minute, compared to 11 for men.
- Women live longer than men. Partly because their immune systems age more slowly.
- Women experience significantly more nightmares than men and have more emotional dreams.
- Despite popular belief, studies show men are not more flatulent than women.
- An average woman eats about 2-3 kg lipstick in a lifetime!
- A woman will more easily trust somebody who hugs her for at least 15 seconds.
- 80% of women’s wrinkles are caused by excessive sun exposure.
- The first computer programmer was a woman.
- Women have much smaller brains than men.
- According to researches, an average woman spends about 120 hours a year looking at herself in the mirror, which is approximately 5 entire days a year!
- While turning to the call, a woman usually just turns her head, while a man will turn his entire body. It’s because women have a more flexible neck.
- Women can’t drive. Ninety-seven percent of women have caused at least one accident in their lives, and the other three percent will before they die.
I am sure you must have unwillingly noticed most of the above mentioned pointers, but never really pondered upon them. Now, since you are aware of more than just a few facts about women, try and make it an awesome Women’s Day for the women around you.
Here are the very basic basics of crowdfunding, deconstructed to its ABCs.
Here’s a quick question for you – have you ever posted a question on Facebook hoping to get information, advice, ideas, funds or any other kind of help from your friends? If your answer is ‘yes’ on any of these counts, you, my friend, have indulged in what the cool kids call ‘crowdsourcing’.
Although the term sounds technical and business-y, the concept is not. You’ve been doing the deed without really realising there’s an honest-to-goodness word that describes it to the letter. We’ve been turning to the ‘crowd’ to ‘source’ things for a long time.
Don’t believe it? What do you think Wikipedia does when it asks the online community to pitch in and write or edit information? Aha! There you go.
You may have noticed the examples being used all involve online platforms. That’s because they are the ideal base to source with. Think of it – a single platform that lets you instantaneously reach out to multiple people and get a speedy response. Perfect, no?!
When you’re reaching out specifically to source funds, the process is known as crowdfunding, which is what our website is all about. But of course, it’s not incorrect to call what we do crowdsourcing, so you’re welcome to alternate between the terms as you please.
Our online fundraising platform is where all the cool crowdsourcing campaigns are.
Why are the crowdsourcing campaigns cool?
Because they’re aiming to raise funds to do some amazing work in the field of social causes. And because they’re also aiming to fuel some incredible and ingenious creative projects.
Why is our website ideal to fundraise these incredible initiatives?
- How shall we count the ways?! The many, many ways!
- Well, firstly, starting a campaign on our platform is free.
- There are no penalties for not being able to reach your fundraising goal.
- We will guide your campaign creation and be with you every step of the way.
- We provide you with a host of inexpensive marketing tips that are guaranteed to help you campaign successfully.
- You receive updates, at each stage, right in your inbox.
- We have an instant chatting interface on our website where you can reach us around the clock – 24/7.
- We have a team of experienced professionals who are happy to help.
- We offer your supporters several methods to contribute to your campaign.
How do you start a campaign?
It’s as simple as that! Now you know your ABCs. Next time won’t you start a crowdsourcing campaign on our online fundraising platform with me?!
- It’s easy. Fill up the form on our website and submit it
- We’ll make sure you’ve got all the bases covered and push it live
- We’ll help and encourage you every step of the way