Just like Satyameva Jayate uses the medium of television to shed light on social issues and lead us into the future, you can use the power of social media and start an online campaign, leading India towards a better tomorrow.
It is a matter of civic responsibility to be aware of current events, of societal issues, of the problems being faced by our community. It is important to educate ourselves of all the aspects of an issue so as to have unbiased knowledge of it. So as to be able to understand it thoroughly and in turn, be able to resolve the issue in the best possible manner.
Helping our community is necessary. Driving positive social change – in whatever way we can – is necessary. In today’s world, being proactive is necessary.
It was Gandhiji who had said, “Be the change you want to see in the world.” As Indians, it is our duty to change the world for the better. To do what is within our power to do. That is why the conscientious television show Satyameva Jayate gives you the opportunity to be part of the change, to safely give to those organisations that take positive action towards societal betterment.
We are the pillars of our nation and it is through us that our country will strengthen. So far, paying it forward through Satyameva Jayate was about giving to a charitable organization featured on their website. It was about the noble act of giving. Today, it has become more.
Today, you, as an individual, can lead India towards a better tomorrow. You have that power. All you need to do is start an online campaign for a social cause and rally supporters from your social network – your friends, relatives, neighbours, colleagues and acquaintances. Go online, start a campaign to fundraise for a cause, spread the word through social media and begin raising awareness and funds for the cause.
Satyameva Jayate uses the power of television to spread the word. You can use the power of social media.
You can start an online campaign for a non-governmental organisation or a social cause close to your heart. You can choose a theme for your campaign, to help generate more interest for your chosen cause or NGO.
- If your birthday or wedding is coming up, you can use that as a theme. When you reach out to your network, you can tell them you have started an online fundraiser as a birthday or wedding wish to raise funds for a good cause. Ask them to gift you for your birthday or wedding by giving to this online campaign.
- You can use a special holiday like Diwali, Gandhi Jayanti, etc. or an awareness day like World Aids Day as a campaign theme as well.
- If you participate in marathons, you can use that as a theme. While spreading the word about your online campaign, you can tell everyone that you’re running to raise awareness and funds for your social cause.
- If you like being creative, you can tell your network that if they help your campaign, you will do things like dance in public and post a video of it on Youtube, or that you’ll get a tattoo or shave your head or colour your hair or grow a beard etc. This theme has the potential to not only get the funds and awareness raised, but also to spread laughter to all who get involved.
- Another theme is to start a campaign for the cause supported by your favourite celebrity. Check what your celebrity’s favourite cause or NGO is and start campaigning online to support it as well.
The steps are simple. All you need to do is visit www.ketto.org, click on ‘Start A Campaign’, fill up the online form by choosing the cause and NGO, type in your goal amount and personal message, upload an image and submit the form. When you receive your campaign page link in your email, start sharing it with your social network, asking them to support your campaign by giving to it and spreading the word further to their networks.
Be the change-maker. Be the leader. Join the revolution. Mumkin hai.